Sunday, August 24, 2008

Why I love Austin

There are so many reasons why I love this city, but over these past few days, I was reminded just how lucky I am to be here and be surrounded by such great people and fun things to do. Friday I had lunch with Amber, Aurora and a past LAF intern at Magnolia Cafe, yum.
After work, I enjoyed this awesome sunset, a few beers and some great live music on the deck of a small neighborhood bar that's been around for 50 years. It was pretty perfect.Saturday, friends and I headed out to Tow Texas to Fall Creek Vineyard for their annual grape stomp. We sat at a table with three ladies who were celebrating their birthdays. They told us about their travels, grandkids and love of wine. I think we got a glimpse into our future. Fortunately we liked what we saw...

Thanks Austin, for another great weekend.

1 comment:

Amber said...

What a beautiful sunset. And is that Eileen again - this time with BANGS!? She must be so proud of Jesse and her new doggie-door freedom.

That does sound like a pretty perfect weekend. I'm glad Aurora & I could help kick it off :)